Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday November 14th - Berlin wall

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was November 9th, 1989. The Berlin wall was taken down. I was only five years of age when it was built. I thought that I would never be able to my beloved family. My aunt, uncle, and my three cousins, who were also my best friends, were on the other side of the wall. Never would I have ever thought that I would see them again. But when I was around the age of 33, the wall was taken down. I had heard rumors about it but I could do was hope. I ran to the wall the day that was said to be torn down. I was standing there in tears. I couldn't believe my eyes on what I saw on the other side. I saw them, and they had the same look on their face that I had on my own.


info about the wall, http://www.history.com/topics/cold-war/berlin-wall





No comments:

Post a Comment